Monday, November 10, 2008

A Barrel of Laughs



Mama & Papa took me to the Brown County Library last week. I had fun running up & down the aisles like a mad man. While Pops was chasing me Mum picked out a couple cool books including an audio book called A Barrel of Laughs, A Vale of Tears. We just started listening to it this morning on the way to Aunt Lori's house. I like audio books, because I feel like they expand my vocabulary. I especially like the main character in this story, because he has the same name as my Paw Paw, plus he laughs all the time like me. Here's a brief description of the book.

A Barrel of Laughs, A Vale of Tears follows the young prince Roger, who haphazardly sets out on a quest to prepare himself to become king. The book expresses the emotions of various individuals through two long-lost lovers reunited, several unlikely couples marrying, and a friend-turned-evil's attempts for revenge. While Roger himself starts out as pure and innocent, he seems somewhat naive and incapable of feeling serious.
The quest, which contains plenty of sad events, gradually brings Roger to a point where he still is humorous, but is caring about specific individuals as opposed to finding shallow
humor in everything. The beautiful Princess Petulia, and her servant, likewise, find similar changes in personality through their experiences, as they go from being bitterly indifferent to loving and plainspoken to kinder repectively

No comments: